Saturday, September 1, 2007

Happy September 1, 2007


Welcome from the Cottage of Blog where the coffee's aways on and blueberry muffins were already eaten. Sorry. It's lunch time.

COUNTDOWN TO RE-RELEASE OF IN THE ARMS OF THE ENEMY: COMING SEPTEMBER 20TH WITH A NEW FACE-LIFT.

I'm working on a promotion campaign, and trust me, this is harder than writing the blasted novel. Interesting--but, harder.

How can a reviewer want the book three months before the book is released? The hard copy? It seems, I'm stumbling into roadblocks wherever I go.

I offer fellow writers and friends to post marketing suggestions onto the comments section. I'll compile them and post them next week. Let's see if we can help each other.

I'll give one suggestion now. Many libraries have "open mics" days. I'm scheduled for three. Those are fun, because you get to read your excerpts (and have books or flyers ready to sell or pass out to the audience.)

The Great Lakes Independent Booksellers Association is holding a trade fair in Schaumberg, Illinois from September 28th-30th. I'm making arrangements to sit at the Sisters of Crime Booth on Saturday and pass out flyers. They request you send them 100 books, which are distributed to the booksellers. Good publicity, but hard on the pocket book. (if I have my facts straight)

Anyone ever launch a virtual book tour or a real book tour? Please leave comments. I'd love to learn more, and I'll bet my readers will too.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm going out to ride Jackson and then meet up with some dog friends after their rally practice.

Later.

Pat

No comments: