Sunday, October 28, 2007

October 28th: Week in advance

"Laura Bush, Honorary Chairman
The Texas Book Festival was established in 1995 by First Lady Laura Bush, an ardent advocate of literacy, to honor Texas authors, promote the joys of reading and benefit the state's public libraries." from the Texas Book Festival website.

Next weekend Light Sword Publishing will be headed for The Texas Book Festival in Austin, Texas. We have a booth, one CEO (Linda Daly) one VP (Bonny Kirby) several authors and a ___________. And, if you'd like something more romantic, there's In the Arms of the Enemy (me) And the Whippoorwill Sang (Micki Peluso)
Rebel Dove (Linda Daly) Searching for Mr. Right (Rene Schultz) Ravenswood:Night's Salvation (Laurie Sorensen). This is a first for me. I'm taking full advantage.

This week I managed to call back the newspapers I hadn't heard from. I know at least one had retired. I know they didn't ALL retire. However, I sent the press release again. Probably a good thing. I improved on the last one.
And another good thing, I spoke to the liaison office at the Chicago Teachers Union office. They're interested in putting a press release in their newsletter.
One other good thing. If I haven't mentioned it: Affaire de Coeur gave "Arms" five stars. It should be out in their next (this?) edition. Wow.

Nothing new on the writing front. I'm waiting for the release of Water Lilies in the spring and know there will be quite a lot of work between now and then. But most of the work will be with the next novel Shadows of the Past. I'm thinking aobut it constantly. I've written three separate versions of "Shadows" This is by far the best and tightest, I think. But, it needs soooooo much polishing. And it needs to be finished.

So here's my dilemma. How do you go from putting on your marketing hat to sliding back into your reclusive, creative chambers where your soul and imaginary characters are your constant companions. Dear oh deal. Welcome to the real world of writing.

Take care. Hope you all had a cup of virtual coffee and a blueberry muffin.

No comments: