Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 4

Good morning, breakfast gathers. The coffee's on, the blueberry muffins are in the oven, and I'm ready for a morning's chat.

I hadn't realize how long it's been since my last bit of news. This may be a long post so settle in.

I went to the Great Lakes Independent Booksellers Trade Show last weekend. My first trade show. I was lucky enough to participate in the Sisters of Crime booth, handing out flyers, taking cards, giving out cards and being particularly pleasant the whole time. Distributors: Ingrams and Booker and Taylor were there, plus publishers from McGraw Hill and Random house, to the smaller publishers had booths,
authors were everywhere. the place was packed. Conventions and Trade shows, in my opinion, are a great place to network. Did I ever mention how important networking is?

I'm expecting my second novel "Water Lilies Over My Grave," a romantic suspense, to come out in the spring. Here's a taste of what you'll be in for:

In a spiraling fall into obsessive madness, psychiatrist Duncan Byrne vows revenge against his ex-wife for divorcing him. When she leaves New York, he reflects, “You can run, but you can’t hide.”

Psychologist, Annabelle O’Brien begins a new life in the popular resort town of Lake Nager, hoping to find peace and normality. But anonymous threats follow, and Annie finds herself terrorized by a stalker.

Burned-out Detective Mark Driscoll, detests the new psychologist who recommends he take time-off. How dare she? But when somebody slashes her tires, ransacks her apartment and kills her cat, Mark spends his mandated furlough playing body guard.

They don’t count on falling in love; something neither wants, but both need.

Nor

Women resembling Annie being murdered.

Fear becomes the summer slogan for Lake Nager.



inside. Did I ever mention how proud I am of my long-time friend and writing colleague, Micki Peluso? She wrote and had published a memoir. "And the Whippoorwill Sang."
The title and bookcover are enough to want me to look This is the story of a family, it's joys, sorrows, births, deaths and all the life and love in between.
Micki is a genius at pointing out the obvious: Like, when she and a girl friend were driving to Las Vegas and her friends states abruptly, "Shut up. I have to see where I'm going." How many times has someone in our family said that? At least a million by my grandmother and my father. Then there was the black widow spiders in the outhouse, their haunted house and subsequent seance, that blue spruce Christmas tree and the truck with the persnickety headlights that went on only when they felt like it.
This is a wonderful book about life, family and love. I wouldn't have missed the experience for the world.

I'm in the throws of learning about new places to promote "In the Arms of the Enemy." And working on a book I hope will come out at the end of this year or the beginning of next. A work that has been in progress for ten years and has gone three complete re-writes. I hope-I think-this will be it. It went from straight category romantic suspense to single-title paranormal (romantic suspense) who can keep romance out of their books.

Tonight I'm going to an open "mic" at a local library. I'll read sections from "Arms of the Enemy" and maybe sell a few. Maybe direct some in the direction of Light Sword Publishing.

Until next time. I invite folks to comment.

4 comments:

Micki Peluso is the author of "And the Whippoorwill Sang" said...

Thanks for the nice words!! I was so caught up in your own works and words, I nearly missed it--good thing you had the cover lol. I really love this blog--it's so homey. My poor generic blog is a sad thing --hopefully I can find time and talent to make it more a home than a house.

Keeps on sellin'

Micki

Unknown said...

Glad you like it Micki. It was well deserved.

Unknown said...

great to read your news, pat... best of luck with your new release!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Annie. I appreciate your good wishes.

Pat