Saturday, October 27, 2007

TOMORROW: LAST DAY FOR CONTEST


If you're interested in entering the "In the Arms of the Enemy" contest, the winning entry will be picked tomorrow evening.

Go to: www.authorisland.com for details.

This weekend is the Breeders Cup for all you horse/thoroughbred/racing fans. This is the decisive moment of the year when decisions for horse of the year are fought wire to wire. The Breeders classic for horses 3 years old and up will be the last race on the card. The top racers (who are now fit and running) will be there: Lawyer Ron, Curlin, Hard Spun, Street Sense, and I know I'm forgetting some others. I'm sorry Rags to Riches couldn't have been at there this year. What a filly!

I hope you're all enjoying your coffee and blueberry muffin that just came out of the oven.

You'd think this was just a horse racing site for all the horse talk. But It's not. It's a writing site.

I've invited some fellow authors to put excerpts from their books on my blog. Please check out Micki Peluso's excerpt from "And the Whippoorwill Sang." Next week I'll have "Fugue McCabre" by C.J.Parker--soon to be released. So, you'll have first glimpse of an excerpt from her.

TIP OF THE WEEK: IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A WRITER---WRITE. Have a good day.

No comments: