Saturday, January 5, 2008

On a bleak and dreary Saturday

Hi all.

I've just brewed a new pot of coffee, chicken soup with dumplings is on the stove, and the biscuits are in the oven. Come in and sit for a spell and lets catch up.

First of all, I'm so proud of Water Lilies Over My Grave. We all should be proud of the works that come out of our hearts. Sigh. In the Arms of the Enemy was dedicated to horses lost to man's inhumanity and greed and to those humanitarians who would save and protect them. Water Lilies is dedicated to women who are forced from their homes due to domestic violence and have to make a life somewhere else, leaving friends and family behind. It deals with a man sinking into obsessive madness, a woman who's trying her best to make it in a foreign environment and a detective who's dealing with killing a young drug dealer in defense of his chief and mentor. In between there's the detective's feisty mother who takes in projects, the Chief who loves nothing more than to smoke on his "cancer sticks," the detectives ex-girlfriend who left him at the alter to marry a Virginia millionaire--and now wants her detective back. And, a fesity collie who insists everyone be happy at all times, even if it means pushing them into the lake.

Yes, I'm proud of Water Lilies. Maybe even more than I am of Arms of the Enemy.
And if you know me at all, you'll note how found I am of those characters.

You can read the prologue to Water Lilies at the bottom of the page.

My light therapy lamp arrived. I can't wait to see if it really works.
I also can't wait for spring to arrive.

Cheers

pg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice description of the book. I too can hardly wait for spring. I've already started some seeds for flowers.
CJ Parker
Fugue Macabre: Ghost Dance
Fugue Macabre: Bone Dance

Anonymous said...

Hi CJ,

Thank you for your comments.

Flowers: I definitely need to plant some. Maybe I'll ask your advice once we get closer.

Dying to read Bone Dance.