Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, it's a new year. yep. 2009. Like many others, i'm glad 2008 is history. It will go down in history, too, and probably not in a positive way. We have discovered that half of wall street seems to be corrupt (if we didn't know that before) and that there's a LOT of unemployement among the former very highly paid
wall street hot shots. Unfortunately, they've taken many of us down with them.
Not only those victims of companies going out, but many of us retirees who are finding our investments floating up into the clouds. I can only hope the stock and bond markets will recover and maybe I may be able to live as many years as I'd planned. (sigh)

I'm still fascinated by horse racing, still in love with horses (especially my two grays, Jackson and Smokey both quarter horses) spending as much time as I can with Bruce and Zuri (Zuri's my collie) For the first time in many moons, I've regained interest in writing and material that might make good novel fodder. I have one book going, one book outlined and one topic that is starting to become an obsession. We'll see what 2009 brings. I INTEND to ride much more this year.

Be nice to know if anyone's reading the Cottage of Blog. It's still feeling awfully lonely out there.

My blogs are going to: Authors Den, My Space, Amazon and Facebook. (interesting. I forgot I even had Facebook.)

2 comments:

Susan said...

I do stop by daily to see if you have a new post. I may not post on the day I find you have posted but I do read it. :-)

It sounds like you are going to have a busy year writing!

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,

that's wonderful to hear.
I think that's true for most of us.

Just feels lonely out there, sometimes.