Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today's a Thursday in November. Brrr

Good morning.

It's Chicago weather, in the thirties. The dogs are out sniffing the backyard and chasing squirrels, keeping the monsters out of "their" environment.

The frost is on the pumpkin (I wonder where that term came from) the leaves are off the trees, so I only have to deal with those that have fallen into the patio. Now, not so much a patio as a dog run. Next week is the last time for leaf pick-up by the village.

Yesterday, I went to the dentist for two fillings that were under part of the gum and inbetween two teeth. The office scared me to death when they carved out
two hours for an appointment time. Now, I hate going to the dentist as much as the next person, but two hours for two fillings--please. I seems the decay was under two teeth. Yikes.

However, I like my dentist. He's a dog person. I met him when he was a student of mine in a dog obedience class I ran at K-9 Dog Club. He's good people and lots of fun for conversation. He also gave me Nitrous Oxide. Really cool stuff. Didn't feel a thing, not even the needles to numb the gum (forgive the spot of rhyme)
It's sort of like: Come for the Nitrous Oxide, stay for the drilling.

As I missed my barn time (or horse time) yesterday, much of today has to be spent
at Red Oaks Ranch with "the boys." My two grey quarter horses have two very different personalities. Smokey is quiet, gentle and a recoverer from EPM (Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis. (My gosh, I could actually spell that) Jackson is, well, he is what he is: feisty, bull-headed, loves to do what HE wants to do when HE wants to do it. I've found a dressage (actually is a French word for training--but is a horse culture into itself. Sort of like hunter-jumper shows, western pleasure, reining, dressage etc.) instructor who's taken my 16 hand (that's tall, folks) and me under her wing and has made massive strides in just one month. Can't wait to see what she'll do in two or three.

My writing life: My sister, who's an Episcopal priest and author (with two books published and a third on its way) wrote an article on her writing life. I'll post
soon. I want to create a page on my website for other author's works, post them to the blog and transfer later to the web page. We'll see how this works out. I need to find some "gentle" (even not-so-gentle) readers. Anybody, actually.

Take care. I hope the virtual coffee and blueberry muffins were to everyone's satisfaction.

Ever been to The Universe.com? Great place. I strongly suggest you subscribe. I get my moment of inspiration every day. I need some every day.

Pat

3 comments:

The Seeker said...

Hey Pat,
Congratulations on starting your blog back up. I like your relaxed style and being an animal lover, always like to hear about animals. :0)

Unknown said...

thank you. I appreciate your comments. I'm going to try and write about animals as much as possible.

Cindy Nord said...

Hi Pat...glad to see you're back in the swing of things. The blog AND your webpage look great. Are you also on FB or Twitter? Just wanted to pop in and wave hi!

Cindy Nord
www.cindynord.com