Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Resolutions and How to Achieve Them

Add element

It seems I can't get certain photos onto my blog, although I got my LAST photo onto the blog. OH well. Same person (me) same horse (Alkai) although I'm standing on him. I was nine at the time. Ask me if I'd try it now. Hah.

I thought New Year's Resolutions might be a good start for the coming year of 2013. (Yes, I know you know that, but it filled space)

Here are my resolutions. How I'm to achieve them, I don't know.

Work on a new novel (Hoofbeats in the dark) about a stolen horse and his owner's search to rescue him. It's told in the third person horse and third person owner and third person villains. I know three POV's, but I think it's necessary. I've thrown it out into the reading wind and people seem to like the idea.

Market Waterlilies Over My Grave. I have NOT done a good job marketing this book. I admit it. My first couple of years I did EVERYTHING I could to promote it and In the Arms of the Enemy. Sold some copies at local booksignings: Barnes and Noble, Borders, local libraries, (sold some to local libraries too) Every link i could think of. Seomthimes the rankings would go down; sometimes up. It was exciting to watch. But then school and personal issues got in the way and well, now I'm retired and would love to start the marketing process all over again. Has anyone had this same experience? NOTE TO SELF: HOW DID THE SHACK, BEING SELF PUBLISHED, MANAGE TO DO SO WELL AS A SELF PUBLISHED NOVEL.

I want to lose 40 pounds (doesn't everyone? I'm on nutrisystems, but I get so hungry at night . . .

Also my goal is to help friends who are in trouble, at least do some legwork for them. MOnetary is out of the question. Being, single, on Social Security, pension (small) and Medicare doesn't do much for a rich lifestyle. But, I do muddle forth. I had to sell Jackson, horse, (Long story) but still have Smokey and intend to polish him for horse showing, even though they're small open shows.

Oh, and I'd like to round-up followers for my blog. I already have one interview lined up and would like lots of others. Maybe even fictional. My characters do have minds that seem to work overtime. That might be fun.

I hope everyone here has a happy and prosperous New Year.

Now,go help yourselves to some coffee and blueberry muffins. They should be pipiing hot.

You might be able to help me focus on my blogspot. I seem to be eclectic.

Pat

3 comments:

Delinda said...

Ah the resolutions! Yours sound achievable...well...except for the weight thing. I know about that one--not easy. good luck with the marketing.

Unknown said...

Thank you Delinda. i'm not sure how achievable, but I will give it a try. Do you have any to share with my (almost non-existent) blog followers? Seems I have a fairly decent one last winter, but I stopped blogging, now I have to replenish my crew.

Pat

Unknown said...

Thanks that that fantastic list. I’m continuously craving for new travel blogs for additional info. currently I’ll apprehend wherever to appear for the simplest ones. Lafayette Orthodontist