Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hello all.

So, I said I'm starting up imaginary Cottage of Blog once more. I know. I know. I've said this before. This time I mean it.

But: I'm still trying to figure out the best way to create my messages, my blogs, my life. Hmm. I'm STILL a horsewoman (who doesn't seem to be able to ride anymore) a dog person (who isn't showing dogs anymore) a reader (who doesn't seem to have time to read) and a writer (who doesn't seem to have the ability to focus on writing). There aren't any new interests. Those seem to be enough.

Horses: Cleaning out stalls. I am getting good at this. Doesn't help my riding, but makes me feel like a care about my horse. Notice I said horse. I think I ellaborated
on what happened to Jackson, a few posts back. I no longer have him. He was the victim of a nasty Iris Melanoma, huge in one eye, budding in the other. Dangerous to handle and not because he wanted to be. I donated him to Purdue Large Animal Clinic in Indiana. I hope he'll be able to provide help and solutions for other horses who have the same disease. It's three months and still hurts.

Smokey: I'm wondering about the residual effects of EPM. He seems to have tremors now in his muscles just beneath his shoulders. His head tilts when traveling on the lunge line and while riding. I just called my vet and am waiting to hear back from her. I can't even describe how I'd feel if something happened to my Smokey.

The photos are of Smokey (foreground) and Jackson behind him.



I'm cleaning out the Cottage of Blog. Dusting, cleaning curtains, buying a lifetime supply of coffee and blueberry muffin mix, letting my dogs run around and bark at the ducks who are swimming near the dock. (virtual ducks and dock, real dogs) I'm stocking my book shelves with romantic suspense, suspense and mystery. A whole shelf is dedicated to Agatha Christie. Right beneath her are all the Stephanie Plum mysteries by Janet Evanovich, the Cat Who series by Lillian Jackson Braun, some Lisa Jackson, Linda Howard, James Patterson, John Sandford, Susan Conent and then there are the classics which sit across the room. In my desk are all the craft books and dictionaries. GMC by Deb Dixon, Heroes & Heroines by Sue viders, Tami Cowden and Caro LaFever, The Writer's Journey by Chris Vogler, Word Painting by Rebecca McClanahan,
Dwight Swain Techniques of a Selling Writer, Ernest Hemingway On Writing, Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King, and speaking of King, Stephen's On Writing, and speaking of Janet Evanovich How I Write.

Mr. D'Arcy and Toby are barking at virtual ducks on a virtual dock with a virtually gorgeous view. It really is beautiful. It takes my virtual breath away.

I'm going to be interviewing a character for my next book "Hoofbeats in the Dark."
I'm trying a new technique. New to me, not new to the world. I thought I'd write in 3rd person from the horse's perspective (yes, it's about horses)

I'm wondering just how many points of view you can have in a book. I'd like the horse, the heroine, the villain, the hero, hero and heroine's daughters. Proabably way too many. So, I thought I'd shake things up a bit and wonder just how many points of view you can have in a 80-90K novel.

Any ideas?

Pat

No comments: