Monday, June 8, 2015

"Waterlilies Over My Grave" reviewed by CB Hampton (Chuck Bush)

I'm a proud mama this morning. Author CB Hampton (Chuck Bush) reviewed my novel "Waterlilies Over My Grave" and sent it to Amazon with five stars. www.amazon.com  I tried to copy and paste the review directly from Amazon, but the formatting didn't work. Mr. Hampton sent me his review via email and I was able to copy it from that format.  Here it is. 

I hope those of you who follow my blog get a chance to curl up, read and review "Waterliles." It means a lot. 

The Review (Waterlilies Over My Grave.) 

A very pleasant surprise, indeed

A friend recommended this book to me. I agreed to read it, though with some skepticism.
Skepticism, because I expected what most guy readers call chick lit or popcorn romance.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that Waterlillies Over My Grave is a down-to-earth thriller with
real people, doing real things. I read the first half listening to Mozart sonatas and the second half
listening to Mozart's symphonies.

Of course, the novel has all the ingredents needed for a "real" thriller: a beautiful blond damsel-in-
distress; a mental basket case villain, the damsel's crazy ex husband, who wants her dead at all
costs; a ruggedly handsome detective knight in rusty armor, who starts out not liking her, yet vows to
protect the damsel anyway; a wise mentor for the damsel (detective's mother); a wise mentor for the
detective (his police chief boss); and lots of very interesting people in the very interesting small-
town setting of Lake Nager, Wisconsin.

But in order to have a great read, you have to have a great recipe to properly mix the ingredients. In
this case, it's the plot. The villain, a brilliant, highly regarded psychaitrist, who is both insane and
a genius at disguise, keeps the reader on the edge of their seats in suspense. The book has puzzles,
frights, thrills, action, and a great ending.

So, my recommendation is: if you want to settle down in a quiet place and enjoy the lives and
worries of some well-drawn characters, have a go at this excellent novel.




No comments: