Tuesday, December 6, 2016

AUTHOR PLATFORM



News from RRBC convention: I learned a lot during our RRBC convention. Most important, somethings I should have known about--maybe I did--oh well. MY AUTHOR'S PLATFORM. We all have platforms. For authors, their platform is mainly genre. My platform would be mainly sub-genre ROMANTIC SUSPENSE, with the main genre, mystery/thriller/suspense as my main genre. But, romantic suspense runs through all: Waterlilies Over My Grave, which is a psychological thriller, Legacy of Danger, which is a paranormal, and In the Arms of the Enemy, which is a category type romantic suspense. what they all have in common? Romantic suspense. What is it? A man and a woman who enter into a romance while they are solving or involved in a crime. What happens in the crime sets off romantic situations, and what happens in their romance sets of the crime plot.
My favorite romantic suspense writers: Joanna Wayne, Lisa Jackson, Sandra Brown, Daphne Du Maurier (yes, I she wrote romantic suspense) Linda Howard, Linda Castillo, Tami Hoag, and many others I can't think of at the moment. (mine?)
I'm gathering information from other RS authors and a few blogs to post on my own blog (with your credits--hint hint) If you have info. blogs or posts regarding RS, please let me know. I'm going to use RS, mystery, suspense with a dash of paranormal, and lots of psychological mixed in. So far, my novels have been pretty dark, but I make sure I interject humor into them--
Have a good day.
pg

No comments: