Monday, December 5, 2016

POST CONVENTION FEED BACK.

RRBC's workshop was a blast. Great interaction with some marvelous writers and fun along the way. The workshops were presented well and ranged from blogs, You Tube presentations and chats. Beem Weeks and I gave one on "How to Write the (Almost) Perfect Book Review."  Beem did a You Tube video and both of us blogged the topic--I put the two together and I think it came out well. Our chat was fine. Everyone had watched and read the blog and You Tube Vidoe, so there was lots of stuff to talk about.

These were the sessions I attended:

FORMATTING MADE EASY
BUILDING YOUR AUTHOR PLATFORM
INDID VS TRADITIONAL
MARKETING 101
WRITING IN THE SENIOR SEASON
COVER DESIGN

The convention is still going on for a few more days.

I learned what a brand is. You'd think I'd know, wouldn't you? It's my NAME. Use it wisely, because that's what people will remember about you. (also your platform)  My brand name is Patricia A. Guthrie just like the sneaker is Nike.

Author platform? What do I write about? The subject I (you) focus on the most. I have to say it would be mysteries/ thriller/suspense  and my sub topics vary. Legacy of Danger is a paranormal romantic suspense whereas Waterliles Over My Grave is a psychological romantic suspense. In the Arms of the Enemy is romantic suspense. They all have mysteries, all are suspenseful all have romance.

Indie vs Traditions was a great presentation. It focused on the history of great Indie authors. Starting way back moving up to today's greats. There weren't any I hadn't heard about and wasn't surprised to learn they were "Indies."

Cover Design and Formatting will come in handy. I've tried my hand at self-publishing (Willed Accidents Happen) It came out pretty well until I had to transfer it to Kindle. A fellow author pulled me through.

I need to go through these sessions again. I'll share the author names with you. You might want to read their books. You can also go the www.ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com.  Whether a reader or writer, you'll get a lot out of RRBC (#RRBC)

Have a good one.

Cheers
pg



No comments: