Tuesday, December 6, 2016

RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB

News from RRBC convention: I learned a lot during our RRBC convention. Most important, somethings I should have known about--maybe I did--oh well. MY AUTHOR'S PLATFORM. We all have platforms. For authors, their platform is mainly genre. My platform would be mainly sub-genre ROMANTIC SUSPENSE, with the main genre, mystery/thriller/suspense as my main genre. But, romantic suspense runs through all: Waterlilies Over My Grave, which is a psychological thriller, Legacy of Danger, which is a paranormal, and In the Arms of the Enemy, which is a category type romantic suspense. what they all have in common? Romantic suspense. What is it? A man and a woman who enter into a romance while they are solving or involved in a crime. What happens in the crime sets off romantic situations, and what happens in their romance expands the crime plot.

RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB AUTHORS I'VE REVIEWED:

RRBC is a  first rate bookclub with some 500 members. They offer promotional opportunities, a book catalogue, contests, workshops, conferences and other fun stuff. This site is well worth exploring.

Some of the RRBC authors I love and the books I've read are: (Trust me, most of these authors have many more where these came from).

DL Fine ".No Fairy Tales," "Elizabeth's War," "Bigfoot," 
Eileen Thornton "Murder on the Tyneside,"  "Death on the Tyneside," 
Lizzie Chantree "Ninja Mum," 
Maretha Botha "Friends," "Trails and Trials," 
Vashi Q "Fall of Lilith,"  
Jan Sikes "Two Shorts and a Snort," "Home at Last," 
Gracie Bradford "June the Prune,"
Karen Ingalls "Davida," "Outshine," 
MH Thompson "The Actress" and "The Rector" 
Peter Wendt "Nikki Magee,"
Rea Nolen Martin "The Anasthesia Game,"
Rhani D'Chae "A Perilous Thirst,"
Larry Landgraf "How to be a Smart SOB like me," 
Ronald Yates "Billy Battle Series" 
Suzanne Burke "Acts of Betrayal" 
WJ Scott "Tails" "Hexed" Hieroglyph" (reading) 
Linda C. Mims "The Neon Houses" 
Stephanie Collins "With Angels Wings" 
Ellie Collins "Daisy: Bold and Beautiful,"
Bethart Laurie Finkelstein "Next Therapist Please," 
Mary Schmidt "When Angels Fly" 
Nicholas Rossis "Emotional Beats" 
Michael King "The Blackmail Photos' and "The Traveling Man" 
Micki Peluso "And the Whippoorwill Sang" 
Natalie Ducey "The Heart's Lullaby"
Nonnie Jules "And the Music Played" "Anthology" "Sugar coating is For Candy, Placifying is for Little Kids" "If Only there was Music." "Rave Reviews for Writers' Souls," 
Shirley Slaughter "Our Lady of Victory" "Crazy Hot and Living on the Edge,"
Suzanne Leist "The Dead Zone," 
Joan C. Curtis "e Murderer," 
Gwen Plano "Letting Go into Perfect Love."

44 reviews -- Aiming for 100 and higher.

Here's some other favorites:  My favorite mystery/ suspense writers: Joanna Wayne, Lisa Jackson, Sandra Brown, Daphne Du Maurier (yes, she wrote romantic suspense) Linda Howard, Linda Castillo, Tami Hoag, Stephen King, Dean Koonz, James Patterson, Janet Evanovich, Suzan Conent, Lillian Jackson Braun and many others, I can't think of at the moment. You'll notice, I didn't include the classic writers and their books. That's for another time. 

I'm gathering information from other authors'blogs and articles to post on my own blog (with credits for you (hint hint) If you have info. blogs or posts related to writing  please let me know. e a good day. Also if you want to promote your own book, I'll need an article with photo and, of course your name. Please let me know. 


pg

No comments: